USS Navarro was a Haskell-class attack transport laid down on June 27, 1944 and launched on October 3, the same year. It was commissioned on November 15, 1944 under Comdr. F. E. Angrick’s command, with the hull number APA-215 and it served in the US Navy for 25 years until it was decommissioned on January 1, 1969. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 536 people onboard and had the main missions in California, Okinawa, San Pedro, Leyte, San Diego, San Francisco, Eniwetok, Norfolk or Ulithi. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on February 1, 1969. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Navarro received 1 battle star and another 6 for the Vietnam activity.
70 years old
USS Navarro (APA - 215) - Facts and Asbestos Exposuremore »