USS Neville was a Heywood-class attack transport launched in 1918 and commissioned for the first time on November 18, 1918 under Capt. C. A. Bailey’s command with the hull number APA-9. It served in the US Navy for 6 years until it was decommissioned for the last time on April 30, 1946. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 574 people on board and had the main missions in Tulagi, Norfolk, New Caledonia, Belfast, Hampton Roads, Wellington, Tarawa, Eniwetok or Guadalcanal. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on August 15, 1946 and scrapped in 1957. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Neville received 5 battle stars.