USS Niagara was a Gilliam-class attack transport laid down on November 20, 1944 and launched on February 10, 1945. It was commissioned on March 29, 1945 under Lt. Comdr. Allan C. Hoffman’s command, with the hull number APA-87 and it served in the US Navy for 1 year until it was decommissioned on December 12, 1946. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 322 people onboard and had the main missions in Hawaii, Buckner Bay, Kwajalein, China, Saipan, Japan, Cebu or Okinawa. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List and sold for scrapping in 1950 to the Northern Metals Company in Philadelphia.
92 years old