USS Oregon City was an Oregon City-class heavy cruiser laid down on April 8, 1944 and launched on June 9, the following year. It was commissioned on February 16, 1946 under Capt. Burtnett Kent Culver’s command as CA-122 and served in the US Navy for 1 years until it decommissioned on December 15, 1947. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 1,142 people on board and had the main missions in Boston, Bermuda, Guantanamo, Annapolis, Philadelphia or the Canal Zone. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on November 1, 1970 and sold for scrapping in 1973 to Union Minerals and Alloys Corporation in New York.
88 years old
USS Oklahoma City (CL-91) - Facts and Asbestos Exposuremore »