As the second ship with this name, the USS Pasadena was a Cleveland-class light cruiser laid down by the Bethlehem Steel Corporations Fore River Shipyard in 1943. It was sponsored by Mrs. C.G. Wopschall and had Captain Richard B. Tuggle in command during World War II. For the extraordinary activity of the crew of the USS Pasadena that took place throughout the conflict, the ship earned 5 battle stars. After World War II, the ship was involved in occupation duties. Because it was built during the heyday of asbestos, the USS Pasadena contained over 300 different hazardous products, which greatly endangered the health of the military personnel. Exposure to asbestos occurs when one inhales or ingests the microscopic fibers of the mineral and can subsequently result in serious diseases such as asbestosis, lung cancer, or mesothelioma. For this reason, people who served on the USS Pasadena need to undergo medical examination periodically. In 1972, the ship was eventually sold for scrap.