The USS Pavo was a cargo ship belonging to the Crater class that was commissioned by the U.S. Navy during World War II. Its mission during the war was delivering troops and goods in the war zones. The ship was originally laid down as the SS James S. Hogg under a MARCOM contract by Todd Houston Shipbuilding Corporation in April 1943. After it was commissioned by the U.S. Navy in January 1944, the ship started doing shuttle operations throughout the Central Pacific. During mid-1944, the USS Pavo carried high amount of cargo between Eniwetok and Saipan. Later on, the ship provided support for the Philippines operations. It was decommissioned at Norfolk, Virginia in November 1945 and laid up in the reserve fleet in the same state. It was sold for scrapping in October 1971 to a Spanish company.