USS President Monroe was a President Jackson-class attack transport laid down on November 13, 1939 and launched on August 7, the following year. It was commissioned on August 20, 1943 with the hull number AP-104 and served in the US Navy for 3 years until it was decommissioned on January 12, 1946. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 512 people on board and had the main missions in the Marshalls, the Gilberts, Guam, the Philippines, Lingayen or New Guinea. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on March 12, 1946 and scrapped in 1973. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS President Monroe received 5 battle stars.