USS Presidio was a Gilliam-class attack transport laid down on December 6, 1944 and launched on February 17, 1945. It was commissioned on April 9, 1945 under Lt. Comdr. Edgar Johnson’s command, with the hull number APA-88 and it served in the US Navy for 1 year until it was decommissioned on June 20, 1946. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 322 people onboard and had the main missions in Hawaii, Eniwetok, Kwajalein, Ulithi, Leyte, Japan, Ulithi or Okinawa. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on August 1, 1947 and sold for scrapping in 1965. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Presidio received 1 battle star.