USS Richmond was an Omaha-class light cruiser laid down on February 16, 1920 and launched on September 29, the following year. It was commissioned on July 2, 1923 under Capt. David F. Boyd’s command with the hull number CL-9 and served in the US Navy for 22 years until it was decommissioned on December 21, 1945. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 458 people on board and had the main missions in Tampico, Galveston, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Panama, Hawaii, Shanghai, Unalaska, Kiska, Attu or Kuriles. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on January 21, 1946 and sold for scrapping in 1947 to Patapsco Scrap Corporation in Baltimore. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Richmond received 2 battle stars.
88 years old