USS Roy O. Hale was an Edsall-class destroyer escort laid down on September 13, 1943 and launched on November 20, the same year. It was commissioned on February 3, 1944 under Lt. Comdr. William W. Bowie’s command with the hull number DE-336 and served in the US Navy for 19 years until it was decommissioned on July 15, 1963. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 209 people on board and had the main missions in New York, Norfolk, Taranto, France, Newport, Pearl Harbor, San Diego or Florida. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on August 1, 1974 and sold for scrapping to Union Minerals and Alloy Corporation the following year.