USS Rudyerd Bay was a Casablanca-class escort carrier laid down on October 24, 1943 and launched on January 12, the following year. It was commissioned on February 25, 1944 with the hull number CVE-81 under Capt. C. S. Smiley’s command and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on 11 June, 1946. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 916 men on board had the main missions in Alameda, Eniwetok, Manus, Ulithi, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Guam or Boston. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on August 1, 1959 and sold for scrapping to Cantieri Navali Santa Maria in Italy in January 1960. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Rudyerd Bay received 5 battle stars.