USS Saidor was a Commencement Bay-class escort carrier laid down on September 29, 1944 and launched on March 17, the following year. It was commissioned on September 4, 1945 with the hull number CVE-117 under Capt. A. P. Storrs’ command and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on September 12, 1947. During its activity, the ship had the main missions in Pearl Harbor, Panama, Norfolk, San Diego or Bikini Atoll. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on December 1, 1970 and sold for scrapping the following year to American Ship Dismantlers in Portland.