The USS Searcher was a radar picket ship belonging to the Guardian-class that was acquired by the U.S. Navy in 1954 for radar picket duty in the Atlantic. The ship was laid down in December 1944 in Panama City as the Liberty Ship James W. Wheeler. It was acquired by the U.S. Navy from the Maritime Administration in 1954 and converted for radar picket duty in Charleston, California. The ship was equipped with electronic search and tracking equipment and assigned the job of tracking and reporting enemy aircraft on the East Coast. It was decommissioned in 1965 and after sitting for five years in the reserve fleet at Hudson River, it was sold for scrapping.