USS Sheliak was an Andromeda-class attack cargo ship laid down on June 19, 1944 and launched on October 17, 1944 with the hull number AKA-62. It was commissioned on December 1, 1944 under Comdr. Searcy J. Lowery’s command and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on May 10, 1946. It carried a complement of 399 men on board. During this period, the ship operated in Bayonne, Pearl Harbor, Tulagi, Ulithi, Okinawa, San Francisco, Port Chicago, Manus, Samar, Subic Bay and Guam. On May 21, 1946 the ship was struck from the Navy List. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Sheliak received 1 battle star.