USS St. Mary’s was a Haskell-class attack transport laid down on June 29, 1944 and launched on September 4, the same year. It was commissioned on November 15, 1944 under Capt. Edward R. Glosten’s command, with the hull number APA-126 and it served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on February 15, 1946. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 536 people onboard and had the main missions in California, Ulithi, Tokyo Bay, Hagushi, New Guinea, Yohokama or Buckner Bay. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on February 21, 1946 and sold for scrapping to Nicolai Joffe Corporation in 1975. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS St. Mary’s received 1 battle star.
94 years old