USS Tisdale was an Evarts-class destroyer escort laid down on January 23, 1943 and launched on June 28, the same year. It was commissioned on October 11, 1943 under Lt. Cmdr. Theodore Wolcott’s command with the hull number DE-33 and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on October 12, 1945. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 198 people on board and had the main missions in Pearl Harbor, Tarawa, Okinawa, Manus, Guam, Ulithi, the Gilberts, Saipan or San Francisco. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on November 28, 1945 and sold for scrapping to A. G. Schoonmaker Co in New York City in 1948. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Tisdale received 4 battle stars.