USS Trenton was an Omaha-class light cruiser laid down on August 18, 1920 and launched on April 16, 1923. It was commissioned on November 3, 1923 under Capt. Edward C. Kalbfus’ command with the hull number CL-11 and served in the US Navy for 22 years until it was decommissioned on December 20, 1945. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 458 people on board and had the main missions in Samoa, Galapagos, Nicaragua, Balboa, San Francisco, Hampton Roads or New England. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on January 21, 1946 and sold for scrapping in 1946. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Trenton received 1 battle star.