USS Wakulla was a Mettawee-class gasoline tanker laid down on October 31, 1944 and launched on December 17, the same year. It was commissioned on February 3, 1945 under Lt. Clifford G. Pickering’s command with the hull number AOG-44 and it served in the US Navy for 1 year until it was decommissioned on June 13, 1946. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 62 people onboard and had the main missions in Norfolk, Long Island, Netherlands West Indies, Aruba, Panama, Hawaii, San Diego or Pearl Harbor. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on July 19, 1946 and sold to Oriental Trade and Transport Corporation in 1946 where it as renamed Mei An and, subsequently, to Standard Vacuum Corporation where it was renamed Stanvac Ogan in 1963 and to Petroleum Sg Service where it was renamed Sea Raven. In 1980, USS Wakulla was scrapped.
89 years old