USS Walter C. Wann was a John C. Butler-class destroyer escort laid down on December 6, 1943 and launched on January 19, the following year. It was commissioned on May 2, 1944 under Lt. Cmdr. John W. Stedman’s command as DE-412 and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on May 31, 1946. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 186 people on board and had the main missions in Goldendale, Pearl Harbor, Boston, Guantanamo, Samar, Hampton Roads, Norfolk, Panama Canal, San Diego, Kingston, Sulu Sea, Mindoro Strait or Guam. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on June 30, 1968 and sold for scrapping to National Metal and Steel Company in June 1969.
84 years old