USS Weaver was a Cannon-class destroyer escort laid down on March 13, 1943 and launched on July 4, the same year. It was commissioned on December 31, 1943 under Lt. Cmdr. R. S. Paret’s command with the hull number DE-741 and served in the US Navy for 4 years until it was decommissioned on July 3, 1947. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 216 men on board and had the main missions in San Francisco, Majuro, Truk, Satawan, Ponape, Saipan, Eniwetok, Ulithi or the Carolines. After the decommissioning, the ship was sold to Peru where it was renamed BAP Rodriguez (DE-163). For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Weaver received 9 battle stars.