USS Wileman was an Evarts-class destroyer escort laid down on April 30, 1942 and launched on December 19, the same year. It was commissioned on June 11, 1943 under Lt. Aaron F. Beyer’s command with the hull number DE-22 and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on November 16, 1945. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 198 people on board and had the main missions in San Francisco, Pearl Harbor, the Marshalls, Majuro, Ulithi, San Pedro, Eniwetok, the Gilberts or the Ellice Islands. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on November 28, 1945 and sold for scrapping in 1947. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Wileman received 4 battle stars.