USS Woodson was a John C. Butler-class destroyer escort laid down on March 7, 1944 and launched on April 29, the same year. It was commissioned on August 24, 1944 under Lt. Cmdr. J. L. Foley’s command as DE-359 and served in the US Navy for 14 years until it was decommissioned on August 11, 1962. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 215 people on board and had the main missions in Bermuda, Okinawa, Norfolk, Guantanamo Bay, Shanghai, San Diego, Hollandia, San Pedro or Leyte. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on July 1, 1965 and sold for scrapping to the Boston Metals Corporation in Baltimore the following year.
82 years old