USS Yahara was a Mettawee-class gasoline tanker laid down on June 6, 1944 and launched on July 30, the same year. It was commissioned on September 29, 1944 under Lt. N. Clark Biggs’ command with the hull number AOG-37 and it served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on May 21, 1946. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 62 people onboard and had the main missions in the Netherlands West Indies, San Diego, Pearl Harbor, Canton Island, Ulithi, Okinawa, Hagushi, Kerama Retto, Ie Shima or Aruba. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on July 19, 1946. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Yahara received one battle star.