The USS Zaniah was a cargo ship belonging to the Basilan-class, commissioned by the US Navy to be used during World War II. Laid down in October 1943 by the Todd-Houston Shipbuilding Co., as the Liberty Ship named SS Anthony Lucas, the ship was acquired by the United States Navy the next month and redesignated to a special stores-barracks-distilling ship in March 1944. During the war, the ship provided repair services to damaged ships and fresh water in the South Pacific Ocean. The vessel assisted the invasion operations in the Philippines as well as Okinawa and it was one of the few fortunate ships that were spared from Japanese air attacks during those invasions, even though it operated in highly dangerous seas. After the war, the ship was decommissioned in April 1946 at Pearl Harbor and returned to the Maritime Commission. It was laid up in the National Defense Reserve Fleet until 1972 when it was scrapped.